View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 08:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesley21 View Post
I to had to give up a job I loved, I had worked at the same place for 10 years. I had something called a good work memory, I guess because it was my lively hood, if any one needed to know something they would come to me, I would remember something I had done when I first stated, we would do a job and I would say we have done this job before, everyone else would say we don't remember. I had spent the year before PN working out and losing over 25Kilos.
After giving up work I became depressed and bored, I really missed the work and my friends, so of course I over ate and because I could not exercise much I put most of it back on.
The cymbalta did work for me at the beginning but I feel that it is starting to lose it's effect now, I have spoken to my doctor about trying neurontin (it is cheaper here than lyrica) maybe taking cymbalta and neurontin together. If anyone has had success with these I would be interested to hear from you.
I guess we are all in the same boat, but it takes some time to realise that we are stuck with this and we have to make the most of it, do what we can when we can and trying to explain to someone something that no one has heard of is very difficult indeed, and when they say this hurts and that hurts just smile to yourself and say to yourself if you only knew.

Take care everyone,

Lesley

I am sorry that you too had to give up your job and do certainly understand about the depression and boredom...

I have fibromyalgia as well as neuropathy, so I was prescribed Cymbalta and Lyrica but my body could not tolerate either drug. It made me narcoleptic. Somnolence is one thing, but I was falling asleep on my feet and when driving. I have started taking Neurontin (again) more recently and do seem to tolerate it fine in smaller dosages...

I hope that you feel better

Mere
Mere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lesley21 (03-28-2010)