Thread: Puzzle # 16
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 09:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Back in june 09 I had a pain management Dr only do 2 blocks on me,,the 1st one , he openly said he missed,and after doing the 2nd,,he stated that he didnt see enough significant immediate change that he saw no reason to do any more,,I repeatedly asked him to reconsider doing a series of them,,he flat out said no,,All of my research was leaning towards doing a series of them to see if they would help..but he was quick to advise a SCS.....{that was when I had insurance],,,.It is in my own opion that if you do well with blocks,that your a good canadate for a SCS and if you do poorly with blocks,than i wouldnt want to try the SCS in fear of being in SIP and no longer in SMP[which would likely cause a spread],,,but he shouldve at least tryed a series of shots to justify a SCS,,It made no sense to order a SCS for a patient he felt had not a good enough response to 1 block,,,,and as for with added meds ada,,I believe from my research..that most patients over time in incriments go from SMP to SIP..so in the event that a person who was fully in SMP,,a SCS would work,but as they went out of SMP intoSIP{over time] the pain starts to travel to the brain around the nerve instead of thru it,,so it goes there via way of both,like a bad surge protector getting hit with lightning...then the more it progresses into SIP ,the more pain meds would have to be incorperated...........In my case I would for the sake of the matter if it was available to me[no insurance],,I would do the SCS trial,but would worry about later having it fail,,id rather funnel my money into a pain pump..which is a DR;s plan B and in my case,I would gladly put the cart ahead of the horse.. The latter seems more feasible than the former.....bobber,,,,P.S,,,,,,,No worries to Rae,,your gonna be ok,,God will see to it,he needs you to stay healthy and happy to continue to encourage the board,,so its my opion that your a shoe in.
bobber is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (03-27-2010), Rrae (03-27-2010)