View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 10:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Leggs,
Every PT has to write up reports on your success and failures (no offense). They have to submit them to the head of the PT dept. I would ask to speak to that person and get you opinions/complaints heard.

I have found the same thing at PT. For certain problems like after my back surgery or knee surgery they did know their stuff and gave me the head PT to work with me. But when I had MS stuff to work on, I just said , sorry I can't do that I have MS.

Even with my back I let them know if it hurt or if I could only do 2 instead of 10 reps. of an exercise. They need to know. Shout it out.

Their report is looked at by the head PT and then sent to your doctor who ordered the PT. I usually have my doctor write "gentle PT" at first, until I can get more with it.

Don't fall and hurt yourself anymore than you are hurt now please. Tell them the board hurts. They should be helping you not hindering you.

You know more what you can and can't do. After more PT you can probably take on more training, but don't push yourself for their sake.

I hope you feel better and rest up between PT. Do they put the hot pads on your back first before treatment? Then some ice pads after, or a rub down or the tens machine in between?

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

"Life is what it is". We can only focus on controlling those things we can control, we must let go of the things we can't.
Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote