View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 01:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post
I appreciate these follow up comments, but wanted to let you know that I took offense to your statement that RSI's (TS's TOS in particular) ARE NOT caused by computer use.

I think we should all be clear to write when we are reporting our opinions vs presenting them as a statement of fact.
I didn't say that use of computers, electronics, etc. are not the cause. The statement was that the computer caused the injury, when in reality, is the use of the computer caused the injury. A fine distinction, but an important one . . . i.e. chickens don't cause RSI's, but gutting them for 8-10 hours straight just might! Blame the injury on ergonomics, which are job related, and not the objects one works with, unless they malfunction and directly cause a traumatic injury, like falling over or exploding and causing burns.

I did not mean to sound like I was disputing the injury, but if you are going to fight a legal fight, it is better to know what the causation is, and assign it properly. A judge is more likely to find your RSI injury caused by the repetitive job duties you are assigned than by a piece of inanimate equipment.
"Thanks for this!" says:
JD (03-28-2010)