Thread: Social Security
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 07:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momlovetobake View Post
I just got a denial notice from SS. They said that based on my age my education and exerience i can perform light duty. light duty meaning lifting of 20 pounds( i can't do that)walking and standing. Which i can't do in a eight hour day. I mean waht does it take to show these people that what im saying is real?? They claiim that medical evidence shows that i just hve pain and stiffness. With the amount of notes my dr has on my case this is what they believe?? I feel like they are looking at me as if i am a liar. So I called my attorney and we are going to schdule a hearing. Did anyone ever have this problem??

Don't get discouraged over you denial. I was denied the first time around and from what I have heard unless it's a devastating almost life ending situation i.e. becoming blind, becoming paralysised(spelling) things of that nature you will always get denied the first time.

I hired a disability attorney,after my 1st denial, and within a year of filing the appeal I got a "Fully Favorable" decision. I did not have to go to a hearing in front of judge.Which I here is unusual. My attorney stated it's possibly the heavy medical documentation I had and my doctors really worked hard to help me get approved. Prior to this I had a very, very good job, which I loved, so the whole inquiry and then getting RSD has really changed my life completely.

You do have to prove your condition which is really terrible but there is so much freud within the system they really want all the documentation to support your claim.

Well, to some up it took 2 years and 7 months before I was approved and starting receiving funds. The waiting time was very hard to deal with.

Good Luck,

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Momlovetobake (03-28-2010)