View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 12:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
I whole-heartedly agree with documentation! You must spend the money and buy the folders, files,binders, paper, and plastic binder page holders, and maybe even your own printer to stay organized!

Send a copy of everything you receive to your attorney, include a dated note from you, signed. Many times the system has sent something directly to me, and not to my attorney, and then when I sent it directly back to them, they claimed they never received it. This occurs at least EACH and every year in January when I have to attest to not making any other money during year. By not replying, they can cancel the claim. So it goes through my attorney to prove I've replied.

They are con men/women at best, maybe even former scam artists? LOL sorry, but that's what they're paid to do. They DO break laws at times. I guess they are pragmatists at heart.

Another area they want to catch you at is fraud. So when they send a paper requesting information, unless you have it written down for accuracy (in those wonderful files you set up) never NEVER say for sure. ALWAYS say "to the best of your ability at this time you believe this to be accurate", etc. It's worse for those with TBI or memory or stress issues, as we think we know accurate but might be mistaken.