View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 02:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
I know this is kinda a question out of left field, but there has been growing suspicion on other forums regarding the link between Lyrica causing dental issues and I'm curious if anyone else with otherwise healthy teeth has noticed rapid tooth decay since taking Lyrica ??

It is a known fact that any med that causes dry mouth can be a culprit to good teeth going bad......but I've been hearing very alarming things about this particular one....
Yes, I had perfect teeth, I never even had a cavity until I was 24. When I had my children I did get pregency gingervitis. When I started with my inquiry and the RSD and all the meds included Lyrica I started getting a very dry mouth and decay grew like crazy. My dentist and PM Doctor thought it was the Opana or morphine based medications that cause the dry mouth and follow's with the decay. Since I stopped the Lycria and the Opana and took care of the problems I had with my teeth I have not have any problems since. I do have to have a bridge made because I did loose some teeth in the back and implants where not recommended by my PM doctor because of the drilling into the bone. I hope this helped.

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (03-28-2010)