View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 06:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Welcome Hurtin'

I know how alone you feel right now. I have been there. And, until I joined NeuroTalk, thought I was the only one who had gone through so much frustration. I learned differently. When I read some of the stories here, I realize how fortunate I actually am.

MrsD gives good advice. Listen to her. Read the sticky she suggested. There is a lot of valuable information there.

You can apply for SSDI, and you will probably be approved. I was 53 when I applied, and even though it took 9 months for the Initial Decision. I was approved, and didn't have to go through any lengthy appeal process. Your age will work in your favor. Over 50, and over 55 are 2 cut-off points SSA uses for determining ability to do other work.

You can find the detail of my SSDI process (including how and what I submitted with my application) by clicking the link in my signature line. That will take you to the story of my 6 years with PN/SFN. But, if you look at the top of the page, there is a tab for 'SSDI fillable forms'. From there you can link to my SSDI application process and experience.

Also at the top of the page is a tab for 'Resources'. There I've linked most all of the documents I have downloaded over time regarding PN/SFN. Near the middle of the page is a section for Chronic Pain. Listed there you will find the 'Target Chronic Pain Notebook'. You might find it useful for tracking some of the items mrsD suggested.

Keep coming back. You will find no better place for support.

My SFN story:
plgerrard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (03-29-2010)