View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 08:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello,
Are you taking R-Lipoic acid or alpha-lipoic acid. This seems to be helpful to a lot of people. I started taking a number of supplements (based on the much appreciated advice of neurotalk memebers, especially, Mrs. D!) at the the same time, about 6 months ago, so it's difficult to tease out what might be contributing to the bit of improvement that I'm currently experiencing. I could start eliminating my supplements one at time to assess its impact, but right now I don't want to "mess with success". I've been taking R-lipoic 100 mg daily. My neurologist indicated that, in addition to Mentax, alpha-lipoc acid was the only supplement worth taking (he's not familiar with R-lipoic acid, so what does that tell you). I've also come to realize that keeping as active as possible is good for the "body and soul"...I have found yoga and walking to be wonderfully beneficial for me. Massage therapy, brings much, albeit temporary, relief. Try to stay positive...stress only seems to excacerbate symptoms. Take care.

Balance effort with surrender
lizziebeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote