View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 09:45 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejibo View Post
The Wii will plug right into the yellow/white/red thing on the front of your TV that you describe.

The wii comes with ONE controller (that uses batteries) and the game system, and sports package disc. The disc has boxing, tennis, baseball, bowling, golf and a few other things. its a great disc package and will teach you how to use your system.

The Wii balance board (fitness plus) is a MUST have! its $89 new. the disc (games) will be about $19 depending on where you shop. They may have used ones at a game store if you look. It comes with a balance board disc that lets you play hula hoop, and other tight rope walks and stuff that really helps you balance. It has many great activities on the disc, and will be a great start for you.

they have many great games, and easy games to play. You can also download them directly from the internet if you have a wireless signal in your house, or you can plug a LAN cord from your router to the machine. it will update the machine, and its software.

its an awesome investment! Try to start with the basics. I got an extra controller, and a nunchuck (that hand held thingie) and a charger for the units, so I wasnt using up batteries. I hear that the batteries can last a long time, but its easier for me to just plunk them back into the charger. I dont have a charger for the balance board. The batteries last and last on that.

resort island is also a wonderful game! tons of fun.
Well, I already have a balance board in my house, but I'm game. I never could learn how to use a hula hoop. So I gather one stands on this balance mat, (does it weigh you and tell you what you weigh?) because if it does that, FORGET IT!! lol I don't look what I weigh and I don't want to know what I weigh. And I don't want Alan to know what I weigh.

I look perfectly fine and normal, but I don't weigh perfectly fine and normal. Never have.

So let's get back to this balanced thing. How is it attached to the WII? And does it use batteries also?

And do I buy a regular WII or a Fitness WII? I'm a bit confused on that one.

I know now that if I buy a WII, I plug the power cord into the outlet, and take the red white and yellow things from WII and plug it into the front of my tv.

So what channel is the WII thing on? And is there anything else I have to know before I buy it.

When it stops raining in Brooklyn, I'm going to go to my nearest game store and act like a dummy (not so much acting), and ask the guy "please show me how to use this thing). They have a demo up on the floor. When I see all the kids playing on it, I don't want to walk in and say "Can you please explain it to me" BECAUSE KIDS TREAT YOU LIKE YOU SHOULD BE IN A COFFIN ALREADY.

I know, because this has already happened. Most kids have no patience for people over the age of 30, so god help me if I ask them for any kind of help.

I like to know stuff BEFORE I BUY IT.

That way, when I get it home, I KNOW HOW TO USE IT.

Thanks much.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote