View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 09:50 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi. I am sorry for your pain. I have a similar story. I was very active and thought I had an injury from the inner ankle pain I had so I went to the orthopedic. He did his dx tests and though there was no inury he put me in an airboot. My pain kept increasing to where I was in bed full days crying through pain. I was sent the neurologist who preformed mris,emgs,doppler I could go on. Then many other opinions,reumatologists etc. I was dx with peripheral neuropathy and also rsd. The rsd dx was not right away due to I did not have all the symptoms or the usual cause for it. I still have rsd though. I did have the sympathetic nerve block which increased my pain. For some though it helps for a time being so you can get back to being more active. It is not a good diagonstic test though some docs still do it for that. Through the many and when I say many doc it is understatement it is very key to work with one who deals with rsd. You stated you had an mri but have you seen a neurologist? I think it is important. Have you had a complete bloodwork to rule out other conditions etc? As for PT what helps one person does not for another. For me I did not have good PT result so has to work on my own to be more active though I am still limited and like range of motion is not good which is very key to recovery.I wish I had more answers for you. If you want an email buddy I am here. Hang in there
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bobber (03-31-2010), Kakimbo (03-31-2010)