Thread: Update on me
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 12:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Rach, I've got an artist friend who lost the sight in one eye (needlessly) due to the stupidity of the UK health-care system (sorry for being so blunt). I really don't know how you can address this -- but, I'm going to make suggestions about how I would address this here in the States.

I would contact my legislators -- local and national. I suppose that would be your representatives in ?Parliament? I do know just enough to know that the Queen no longer calls the shots -- you do elect the people who run your government -- so you can contact somebody and complain, right? Let them know that you will campaign for people who stand up for the rights of the sick!!

You have newspapers and television -- wouldn't this make a good "human interest" story? Don't go quietly into the night.......go kicking and screaming!!!

I know that what you WANT to do is crawl under the covers and cry -- and that is WHAT the health care system is COUNTING on -- that you WILL just "accept" this. At least that is what I think.

What do you have to lose??

You are in my prayers!!!

(((HUGS)))