View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 03:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Morganomics,
I have had TLE for 38 yrs. and if the right temporal lobe is being affected it can cause great emotional problems. You need to see a neuropsychologist who can do some tests on you and tell you what is going on. They can also tell you what area(s) of your brain is being affected. I have found that taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. a day has been a great help to me. I also had brain surgery to help reduce my seizures back in 1994. To get the best help you should go to an Epilepsy Center and see an Epileptologist I've gotten the most help from them compared to a neurologist and I'm on fewer AED's (seizure meds.)
Another thing that helped me a lot is to keep busy so I didn't have so much free time on my hands. I'm sure you could get a job working in public school as a teacher aide or teacher assistant. I've been doing this type of job for 25 yrs. and you get good benefits. I found seeing a regular psychitrist just messed me up more. You should also have a WADA test done to pinpoint the exact cause and location of your seizures. Just try and think positive and remember there are others out in the world a lot worse off than us. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote