Old 03-29-2010, 04:13 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face

You have my greatest sympathy....

I have been there... not fun.

My son has been there with his rescue who cost him fortune so far!

Talk about high cost! My son took his rescue to an emergency vet who kept her for 2 days on IVs....said she had a liver infection???? Cost him $800.... we had to give him the money to bail her out. (she had had many vet visits with kidney problems, ultrasound...etc. And this emergency vet said her kidneys were fine?????) She is on a special kidney diet and only has one kidney that is not working well...but the ER vet seemed to be clueless!

IMO it is becoming like what we see with humans.... space age
techno stuff and less intuitive skill...the end result is ...less care for more money.

Our 24 yr old, was supposed to have gone to cat heaven 6 yrs ago according to the vet...supposedly has cardiomyopathy???? Granted she is no longer "frisky" but she is alive, responsive, comes with me to bed every night climbs up her little cat stairs to get to the bed, and purrs up a storm. She looks good too. Shiney coat. But her eyes, seem to be failing. I expect her to be blind soon.

I hope your kitties get better. The one with the tumor? Well, once he starts losing weight fast, it would be best to put him to sleep. We had a wonderful ginger cat who had thyroid cancer that spread to her lungs. 6mos and she was bleeding rectally and couldn't walk one morning. So I took her in (sobbing all the way).

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
plgerrard (03-29-2010)