Thread: Update on me
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Rach, Here is the "Pulse Scripts" from the University of California at Davis describing CMS. Interesting that they do blood tests in children. Don't adults deserve the same care?

Jana, I sort of have a "theory" about that. It's possible that the field of neurology attracts "controlling" personalities. Many of them start out as psychiatrists. They may have the elitist view that, since they know most about the brain and nervous system, they know more than other doctors. I didn't know what being a "control freak" was until a couple weeks ago when I looked it up. I hate using that term since it's rather offensive but I couldn't really find an alternative other than controlling personality (I'll use CP's from here on).

Needing to control others isn't about power, as I initially thought. It's about insecurity, perfectionism and the need to be right. They literally cannot handle being wrong. Or being shown they're wrong. It would collapse them. Seriously. They need to be perfect.

Another thing about CP's is that they do what's called "leveling" of those around them. Didn't know that either until my psychologist let me in on it. They see people who are confident and it initially attracts them. Then they feel insecure and need to bring the person down by putting them down. That makes them feel better and so they come up and the other person goes down, therefore "leveling" them.

And if the other person tends to be the kind of person who can't or won't be controlled, they beat up on them even more. Sound familiar? Abuse is abuse. Whether that is emotional, mental or physical abuse. My interactions with a couple of past bosses now make sense to me.

Or maybe neurologists have some other illogical reason for being not so very kind or thorough. Anyone else have any ideas? Does it matter? I know some good ones too but it's been about the same percentage of bad. Are they really proud of that? And I should say that I know a bunch of really great doctors in other specialties too.

I dunno, Rach you're in a tough spot and I feel completely powerless to help you.

Annie
Attached Files
File Type: pdf congenital_myasthenia.pdf (53.5 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by AnnieB3; 03-30-2010 at 01:20 AM.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote