View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default 29 March

The appointment went so well with my surgeon. He had viewed the EMG and MRI and came into the room ready to discuss options. After talking a few minutes, he spoke highly of all SCS units available in the market as he has implanted each of them according to patient wishes. The green light was given to proceed with the remaining steps of Trial and psych eval before the permanent implant. He spoke of his appraisal of me and his feeling the psych eval might prove to be an unnecessary although mandated step, in view of our lengthy discussion. Even so, I am ready to go through with the eval just to assure my fitness for the process.

Regarding the Trial, he briefed me on the necessity to maintain a steady frame so as not to disturb the leads as they will not be tied down except by those strips of tape Rrae mentioned to me [and I will apply more as you suggested, Rrae] and, of course, by the cummerbund stylin' waist belt to hold the temporary generator. Dancing will have to await fully healed in place mounting of the permanent hardware. I have placed the call to my physiatrist seeking the calendaring of the Trial.

I guess next step is to the Insuror, awaiting authorization, then we see. I felt most heartened by today's meet. Meantime the waiting continues.....

Mark56
"Thanks for this!" says:
Big Sky (04-14-2010), Burntmarshmallow (03-30-2010), eva5667faliure (06-26-2013), ginnie (04-03-2012), LucindaBelle (11-03-2012), Rrae (03-30-2010)