View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 11:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Benefit computation.

I am new here and although I realise there are many threads similar to this I am going to throw actual numbers in here in hopes someone can help.
My husband was given a bench decision today! Yay! His claim was started in 2007 so it has been a very long, very hard, very broke road. No news there. I think that all of this go through that. Fortunately, I have been able to work to keep us afloat. Sorta.
Anyway this is going by his most recent benefit statement.
The disability amount listed for himself is $1200 something per month. Then maximum family benefits are listed as $1800 something.

He is in his mid 40's and made decent living roughly 48,000-50,000 as a journeyman in a skilled trade.

We have 4 kids. They are his only children the oldest is 12.
So we are confused. Is the maximum family benefit including his benefit or is it separate from his? I hope that makes sense. So would it be $1800 maximum for him and the children or just the children?

Anyone that can shed some light on this I truly would appreciate it. No one has said anything to him about his benefit at any point. All we have had to go on is the annual statement. LOL

Also I have seen where people ask about back problems and that is what he was awarded for. He has 4 ruptured disks that actually are separate in his back with one in the neck, one in the shoulder region, and two in his lower back. So basically all surgeons we have seen will not bother stating if they fuse it will just make him immobile and if they do traditional surgery the scar tissue would only cause more pain and immobility.
Mkb623 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote