View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 05:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you both. Cagney surprised me. She let me put the ointment in her eye without a fuss. Why would a dropper in the mouth bother her, but something in her eye not? Her eye is already looking better this morning, and I know she is feeling better because she followed me down the hall with her morning 'trill'. She tries to purr and talk at the same time and it comes out in the cutest trill. She hasn't done that in several days, so must be getting better.

mrsD, would you believe the ER we took Tigre to wanted to charge us $720 for 7 hours. That's what I meant by negotiating for his life. When we walked through the door, I had to sign an agreement that the visit was a minimum of $82. I signed. We were the only ones there, but it took the vet about an hour to come out and tell us that Tigre was comfortable, but she recommended.....

Then about 10 minutes later the receptionist came out with a quote - $720 to keep and treat him until 7:00 in the morning when they closed. (And, we had to be back to get him before 7:00 am, or they would just leave him there alone until they reopened at 7:00 pm.)

When I said we couldn't afford $720 and asked they just get him comfortable, I was required to sign that I was "refusing" treatment, with all of the warnings that it could result in his death. About every 30 minutes the receptionist came back with another "offer" a little bit lower. I kept requesting they just get him comfortable, and had to keep signing that I "refused" treatment. We never saw the vet again - just the receptionist with the endless "offers". If I had faith in them, I probably would have found a way to pay. But their tactics made me loose faith quickly.

I finally got angry, and insisted they stop the "offers" and just make him comfortable so we would take him home. That cost us $210. We had him at our vet's office the next morning when they opened at 7:00. They took xrays, treated him, and kept him overnight. All for $148. Do I sound angry over the ER vet. I am.

Whew, I feel better now. Thanks again.

My SFN story:
plgerrard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (03-30-2010)