View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 01:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the NASID connection. I took large quantities of ibuprofen last summer after my surgery. I thought I was taking something more benign than the heavy duty pain killers. I always took it with a little bit of food, but I think it really damaged my intestines. My digestive problems got worse after my surgery, so this is one clue that the ibuprofen was part of the problem. I was clueless until I read Dr. F's paper that I linked in my post above about leaky gut syndrome.

I also took large quantities of ibuprofen after each major back muscle spasm I had, and I've had about 3 in the last 10 years. I had heard once about a local beekeeper who became sensitive to bee stings after taking ibuprofen. If I'd known then what I know now about ibuprofen and leaky gut, I probably wouldn't have taken so much or been much more careful taking it with food.

Gosh, I'd forgotten all about that until now. I first started having problems with gluten after that one really bad muscle spasm in my back nine years ago. Light bulbs are going off in my head !

Claire