View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 01:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default one night

hi Cindy,

I too had a one night stay at the "inn" it was ok....other than the fact that the doctors resident sent me home with too little pain meds...but my GP delt with it. I was scared but knew I was in good hands only a couple of surgeons do the surgery in Ontario as they are only reimbursed $250.00 what a load of garbage that was.

one night is not so bad I was feeling much less pain than I did the day before aside from the post op pain which sort of felt like being run over by a truck when I was undermedicated so make sure u are comfortable all the time no reason ever to be in pain......

It took me three months to feel well enough to do things on my own....lifting light dishes out of the dishwasher with my unaffected arm of course but still moving neck and turning....I am hoping you are having supraclavicular incision...under collar bone....you heal faster from that one.

the next day my mom helped me in the tub but to get in and out and with balance....I just used the tub to bath for a week or so until I took the dressing off then I showerd and did some of my exercises he gave me in the shower as my muscles were warmed up in there....

oh get your hair done before you go then you won't have to have it done for a while.....just a tip I had my mom wash mine outside....it was July/august so I lay on a sunbed and she hosed my head.....cold water....

anyhooo......best of luck my dear and cash in on all your help for things dont be the hero you will need help so don't be afraid to ask for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't emphasise that enough......obviously...eh??????
So it will all go well we are rooting for you! You are now a member of our little (growing) family and we are a tight bunch so welcome and ask questions and fire away.........

love and hugs,
Victoria

How poor are they who have not patience!
What wound did ever heal but by degrees.

gibbrn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote