Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfrazier1979 View Post
I was hit on the head with a 32 foot ladder on 5-21-09. i have post concussion syndrome and alot of the symptoms that go with it. i have not gone one day since without a headache. i have had the IME and he said i am just depressed and the vertigo is unrelated even though vng shows no problem with my ears. where do i go from here and what does it take to make them believe that i am suffering every day. i am now going to a brain injury clinic so hopefully that will help with me getting better but that doesnt help pay for doc visits and missed work. they havent paid for anything since before they scheduled the ime 3 months ago. what do i do? I do have a lawyer but i dont know how good he is or if he has handled brain injuty cases. please help. ANY input would be much appreciated thank you.

You might want to read about upper cervical adjustments - also called c1/c2, atlas /axis - it has to do with the top c spine vertebra getting knocked out of balance & alignment.
It happens often with head hits - but MDs and PTs don't seem to mention it. The chiropractor vs the MD thing I think

there are many sites about it but here is one I like best - explore the whole site -
http://www.upcspine.com/self.htm

The next step would be to find a DC that will work within the wc system.

I did pay cash and got the help for my RSI/TOS/misalignments on my own - but that was my way to deal with it - outside of wc.
I happened to find a really good chiro that helped all my symptoms more than any MD did.. some from wc & my own personal MDs as well as PT as they have to go by what the treating MD writes

I did come across a few good & adv PT but they were limited to what they could address & tx.
I also paid cash -outside of wc- to one adv PT I found myself and he was very helpful, I still use his advice yr later & he found something to add to my chiro treatments.

general tips -
IME is not on your side - you need a good dr to refute the findings that the IME reported.

Don't talk about the case or complain about work or boss or anything - mums the word only talk to your wc atty.
If atty isn't guiding you- research and find a better one.

Mine had a unorganized office & staff and I should have changed when I figured it out , but I didn't ...

read on your wc state site and see how to do the change if you plan to - I know I couldn't really talk with or interview new ones - since I was already signed with one.
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (03-31-2010), Hockey (03-30-2010)