View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I agree, don't freak out. The good news is you wont have as many flairs and crap like that. The bad news is you begin steroids and the slow decline and whatever else the experts like to say (being sarcastic here). Everyone is different so don't panic. No two are alike and no two ever will be.

I am sorry it's happening to you but really I think you'll appreciate not having flair after flair so close together. I know Jim did and many others too.

To answer your question Jim was dx'd rrms the first five years. Because of his progression and constant flairs with no improvement they up'd him to spms. Somewhere in between the experts (more sarcasm) even said he had ppms, rare form, chronic progressive ms, blah blah blah. It seemed no one could agree. But, and I think I mentioned this before, we finally told them to put a name to it and stick to it. They did and now say spms.

It's just a classification really, something they use to gauge your progress or lack of, I guess. Either way to you. I am sure nothing we say will make you feel better because it's happening to YOU. Jim may be in a wheelchair but not everyone goes in a chair. We try to live life to it's fullest regardless of the changes and obstacles.

Last edited by SandyC; 03-30-2010 at 06:36 PM. Reason: added the word improvement. ;-)
SandyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (03-30-2010), SallyC (03-30-2010)