Thread: SCS Newbie
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 02:12 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Laugh Well HELLO there Brenda !

I latched right on to your optimistic outlook! That is so Wonderful!!
Anyway !!
SO GLAD you found us and started a thread and openly shared your story! This is how we get to know each other and learn from each other!
I swear this forum is better than ANY medicine in a bottle!

You will find so many wonderul people here, who, despite the struggles of their own, reach out to one another and it's absolutely amazing what it does. It's a great defense mechanism against that nasty 'depression' cloud that always tries to invite itself into our already hurting world !

Allow me to give you a big ...... and then in no time, you'll be getting from everyone here!

Your positive outlook will be 'good medicine' to MANY people here!
I encourage you to just start out by reading other's stories and experiences......there have been many struggles and let downs.....and there have been wonderful testimonies of SCS changing lives and helping people get back to who they want to be! It's important for all of us to realize that this implant is NOT for everybody. The stimulator is not a CURE for any type of condition......it serves to 'mask' the pain, literally a trade-off.....instead of feeling the pain, you get a tingling sensation. Well, you've had the trial, so you know this!
My hope is that you have a doctor working with you who truly is looking out for your future well-being, rather than just rushing along wanting to make another big 'sale' ! These units are HIGH dollar!

As far as your recoup time after the surgery, there are so many things that have to be taken into consideration before you can get a realistic overview of what to expect.....
.....The percutaneous method of surgery is much more simple than say, a laminectomy......and there are many here who have had both types of surgery.

Keep this thread you started current and let us know how your scheduling goes! We all care!!

So Glad you're here!

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (04-01-2010)