View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 08:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm going to jump in here. I think Mkb623 is referring to the benefit statement that SSA sends every year just before your birthday that gives the approximate amounts a person will receive at 62, 65 and disability now.

My final computation was about $150 more than the last annual benefit statement showed. The Disability Award Letter will reflect the actual benefit. I have been told that it can take the local offices anywhere from 30-60 days to calculate the actual benefits after an award, but my case worker was able to tell me the same day. It was another 30 days before I received the actual letter.

So, Mkb623, if you want to know sooner, try calling your case worker. And, here is a hint: My case worker never, never, never returned my phone calls. I finally started going through the main switchboard, and choosing the option for questions about your claims. That put me in a hold pattern, but the people there got tired of taking my calls, telling me I needed to talk with my case worker, and me telling them my case worker never returned calls. Those people have to log all calls, and they could see that I called in every day. One of them must have finally reported it to the supervisor, because a very petulant case worker finally called me back.

Good luck.

My SFN story:
plgerrard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote