Thread: Ideas for Rach
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 11:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Rachel,

I'm so sorry that again you are at step 1.

So even if you *don't* have MG (Which I'm sure you do), they are supposed to figure out what's causing your sx. You can't imagine a swollen groin lymph node. Your blood tests and electrical tests may be negative, but your sx are postive.

Did you ever mention those ryanodine antibodies to the doc., btw? It's a far stretch, and i'm unsure about it, but I've read about seronegative MGers having them. Musk-positive people have them, and they have no thymus problems, so it doesn't seem too 'out there' for achr-negative person, who also has no thymus problems, to have them too...

I'm worried about the swollen lymph node. Does it hurt? It's only the one? Maybe you can be referred to an oncologist. I don't know what all the symptoms of lymphoma are, but I know that night sweats, and swollen, painless lymph nodes are some (especially when they are asymmetrical). That tends to have paraneoplastic diseases too (like MG). I'm not trying to freak you out, but by this time, I'm sure you want any answer, as long as it's correct! The sx you're going through sound much more painful than whatever the diagnosis might be.

If the node hurts, along with the sweating, and the old bell's palsy diagnosis, maybe you do have system-wide infection, like viral...I've heard about people diagnosed with ME having traces of herpes virus in their spinal fluid. Herpes viral infections of the brain can cause migraines, night sweats, vision problems, muscular problems, etc...

Something's going on- no doubt about it...If they do think you have ME, then they can at least test you for viruses. I've heard of people doing well on meds. like acyclovir/valtrex. Even people with other autoimmune diseases have kept their sx at bay with these meds. because having constant herpes outbreaks (and not just the ones that cause sores, like hsv1, 2 and the one that causes shingles, but also hsv6, and a bunch of other ones) keeps the immune system 'on guard,' and so all the other antibodies that attack self are on high alert too..

Anyway, this must be so tough on you- but don't let it beat you...As others said, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Be loud!

nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (03-31-2010)