View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 07:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey CindyJ!
Wow, I didn't quite realize what short notice you got, especially after waiting two years.
Just as gibbrn said......CASH IN YOUR FAVORS!!!!
Do stuff like clean and grocery shop prior to going in.
I spent the last two days before surgery, "surgery proofing" my home/apartment.
This included cleaning, grocery shopping, paying bills, laundry, pet supplies, etc.
Basically I thought of stuff I'd like to have done prior to surgery so I didn't have to do it or deal with it for a while after surgery.
Post surgery I spent 3 or 4 days at my parents. Once I was home I accidently fell asleep in my recliner. What a great discovery!
For several days I found I slept much better sitting up in the recliner than I did laying in bed. Often I'd sleep in the recliner and when I'd wake up I'd go sleep in my bed.
I think this reduced a lot of strain and pain as I had so much trouble getting up from a laying down position.
Sleeping sitting up post surgery may not be good medical advice as my Docs never suggested sleeping while sittling up, but they never warned against it.
I'm just saying what I found that worked for me.
Good Luck and take it easy after surgery. Do everything slow and don't feel bad about it or let anyone make you feel bad about it.
Take Care!

Last edited by gbsb; 01-27-2007 at 01:05 PM.
gbsb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote