View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 01:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Currently visiting Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan Cyclist View Post
Hi Regan,

I'll be more than happy to help anyone set up a tandem program such as the one we're working on here in Seattle. My experience in setting up programs leads me to be cautious about disseminating a model until a pilot has been run for a while to work out the bugs. I'm working with a local hospital here to set up the pilot, which will begin in late May. Once we're clear that we have working systems in place, I expect we'll create a "How To" booklet that will include medical forms, permissions, clearances, etc. as well as the basic information on which steps to take, presumably in a reasonable order, or at least one that worked for us. We're working with Jay to develop the forms. I have also written an article for our bike shop newsletter, which I submitted today. When they confirm that the article passes muster, I'll post it here.
Nan, we are currently visiting Seattle where one of my sons and his family live in the Ballard neighborhood.
I am not currently doing regular cycling, but am interested in giving it a try. We have a gym membership back home, but our workouts are now seldom and irregular. I rarely exceed 80 rpm on the stationary cycle, even at low resistance, and never more than 30 minutes at a time. Your experience encourages me to push it up in regularity, speed and duration.
I woud be delighted to contact you while we are here. I will send my e-mail addy to the one on your web site.
Robert
RLSmi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote