View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 04:39 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default OT -Worst study ever

i answered one of laura's posts about something she listened to on public radio and said i never listened. i'm trying to be more balanced in the news i take in - a daunting task. anyway i found this and think it is by far the worst study and conclusion i have ever read.

moral judgements, [ which we aren't supposed to inflict upon each other according to the way i was raised ] can be changed with magnets. The author's pleasure at this is actually felt as you read it.

Here's the conclusion of this inept researcher:

"The new study is really part of a much larger effort by scientists to explain how the brain creates moral judgments, Greene says. The scientists are trying to take concepts such as morality, which philosophers once attributed to the human soul, and "break it down in mechanical terms."

If something as complex as morality has a mechanical explanation, Green says, it will be hard to argue that people have, or need, a soul. "

No it won't Mr. Green; it just makes people like you , working so hard to prove that you are smarter, look foolish and i will say that with ten magnets held to my head.

Talk about a jump. People who are doing this study are trying to disprove the soul? haha good luck! how much money do you need i'll fundraise for you.

How perfectly this thinking is in step with mankind as he gains too much of everything. That's where the U.S.A. is now/too much information to control and no moral guide.

These researchers are spending dollars trying to prove the unprovable. Maybe we all are but our clinical trials usually have some merit when they set out and people take serious risks for us all to feel better.

the money for this research should be revoked. the outcome is predetermined; biased even in it's tone. Most important is it won't change any minds, even if the soul was discovered in a little box [magnetic] in our hearts in the shape of the ARC of the Covenant - you cannot argue that there is a soul with a nonbeliever.

This money could feed people. so i deleted my public radio link already.

grrrrr
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...304448&ps=cprs

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 03-31-2010 at 07:57 PM. Reason: clarity
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote