View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 05:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodpop View Post
I have had pretty much a non stop headache for the last 4 days, which started with a killer migraine on Friday night. I wake up with it and it escalates throughout the day to migraine status. Unfortunately migraine medicine is not helping. I already take Topamax 100 mg 2 x day to prevent these, and do have the occasional breakthru migraine, but this is unusual. It has happened before but not for along time. Last time it happened i ended up at the neuros office for a shot and a mri.. Don't really want to do that since I just moved 4 hours away and really cant afford an mri right now (lost my job a couple of weeks ago).
Any ideas what might be going on? Stress was my first guess, but if that were the case I would think the migraine meds and muscle relaxers I usually take would have worked...
What are your known triggers? Food? Weather? Smells?

Go to your neuro to get the shot. No need for an MRI. Make sure you inform the doctor of your current financial situation. A 4 day old headache is worth the 4 hour drive. Better yet, have someone else do the driving for you.

In the meantime, check your local yellow pages for a Headache Clinic and/or a Neurologist that specializes in migraines/headaches who are located in your neighborhood.

Good luck!
Mz Migraine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote