View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 06:51 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

The big girl hospital said that while they truly believe me to now be SPMS, they dont really wish to put that label on me, because it changes how the insurance companies deal with you, and other advantages that I have as an RRMS patient. once given the SPMS label, they would have to really change gears, and I would lose out on several chances that I have as an RRMS patient. The FDA wouldnt let me continue on some treatments,and would be quite strict with other stuff.

I understand why they are saying that, but ...then again...I give up. I dont care what they call it, as long as they dont quit on me.

Going to the local spot for IVSM tomorrow. I was told that SPMS can have inflammation continue and that it simply means that there is less time between flairs, and that it eventually rolls into just one big ball of "this is the way its gonna be" the rollercoaster sorta levels out, from big high, and big lows, to level rolling. Since MS is an inflammatory disease by definition, steroids are a normal part of treaments for SPMS in THEIR hospital. i was told all hospitals do it differently, and that some believe this, while others believe that, but since I am in THEIR hospital, I am going to get THEIR explaination. So...here we go.

Thanks for all the support.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (03-31-2010), Lady (03-31-2010), SallyC (03-31-2010), SandyC (03-31-2010)