View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 09:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy

I have read so many articles such as this and now in the recent releases of the dangers of otc pain meds like acetametophen sp? leading to many to cause liver disease and liver failure leading to death, also the common otc anti inflamatories have proven to cause all sorts of GI problems when used for an extended period of time.

I suffer from chronic pain and find myself to have found out that the term 'substance abusers' can be defined that of the less common thought of substance's (legal) such as being Nicotene Dependance would and has a dsm IV code and would justify the so called 'substance abusers' also, I think that I did not recall the time frame of the study as in chronic pain I am to be on narcotics for life as being told only option.

I last read that the American Medical Association DOES approve of opiate treatment for non-cancer chronic pain as long as followed by approved pain management program and or speciality. I follow a pain management program and still the fear of losing my pain medications leave me in fear.

I do not think many who do not suffer chronic pain understand that when they see me walking to the car they have no idea that the only reason I am able to do so and even live independantly is because of the three different narcotic pain relievers in my system and those who hear that I do take a common (Morphine) automatic think I should be in some sort of cloud 9, while I do not even try to expain the entrie non euphoria when one is in constant pain...
Idiopathic_Human is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote