View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 09:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motors Mommy View Post
Is constipation common for kids with Autism?

My 4 yo has never had a "normal" bowel movement in his life! He will go for days w/o anything or just a "smear" in his diaper. Then the sever cramping hits followed by screaming and clenching of his butt cheeks. needless to say this doesnt help.

Our doctor put him on miralax which makes it like pudding/fudge consistency but still no where near a normal amt. This is really hindering potty training.

The doctor suggested trying the metamucil wafers. He had 2/3 in 3 days. nothing. I also have IBS so I tried them 6/day for 2 days. OMG!!!!! Its like cement in my colon. No wonder he is so bad off. he continually screamed help me last night. we tried all the tricks, warm bath, lots of fruit, his special juice, gatorade, including a suppository ...nothing!!!!

Calling Dr. this am.

any suggestions appreciated. Ty: confused:
My son is now 17 and high functioning. If he is not taking his magnesium glycinate form Kirkman labs he is not regular.

He recently was home sick and was not taking his magnesium. He came to me and told me he looked it up on the internet and had a blockage and needed to go to the Dr immediately. Poor kid was uncomfortable. Within one day of being back on his magnesium he had a normal bowel movement.
MsBees is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote