View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 10:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy

Hello,
No, I do not think in my opinion that you are being too paranoid. I have been in pain everyday 24-7 for the last 4 or more years. I still do not understand all that of which is causing the pain and other things going on with my Cervical Spine.

In 2004, I had been on every type of anti infamitory medication and also found to have non alcoholic fatty liver disease, and have a hiatal hernia and GERD, along with some other psych and developmental disorders.

I do not total understand the reports I have managed to get hold of and read for myself. I only know that the first MRI of my Cervical Spine showed a bone spur in the C6-7 part of my cervical spine and I tried physical therapy and that did not help and now am in pain all the time especially here at the computer I started Pain Management in 2004, then had another MRI in 2005 to compare with the one from 2003.

The report said that I have a Disc Bulge in my C5-6 as well as a Disc Bulge and Bone Spur in the C6-7. Also says have Degenerative Disc Disease in C5-6, and C6-7. Diagnosis being progression between the MRI in 2003 compared to 2005, is that the C6-7 says that now the C6-7 shows narrowing of the central canal and that I have Frank Stenosis in the C6-7 of cervical spine.

I have seen two neurologists since 2004 and 2 Neurosurgeons all who say that there is no chance of a discectomy in relief of the pain and most likely not or would not make it through surgery. I do not understand it. I know in 2004 I had pain in my neck, shoulders, and upper back between the shoulder blades and this thing of the CSpine has pulled my 'lordosis' out of its natural curvature. I am in my early thirty's and since 2004, the pain has gotten so much more, I am not able to tolerate laying flat and sleep in a reclining chair.

I now have pain in my feet and numbness in my hands, and I am so frustrated with this and feel people do not understand I may look normal on the outside, but laying down does not help and sitting is painful and I take pain medications that seem to do almost seems little.

I am now taking MS Contin 60mg Tid, Methadose 40mg tab dispersed QID, and for breakthrough pain Oxycodone HCL 15mg tablets one or two every 4-6 hours as needed not to exceed 5 per 24h period. Valium 10mg Qid, Baclofen 10mg Tid, I am still in severe pain and mostly from the C6-7 which I do not understand.

I would suggest that if it progresses or SOON to have another mri and try and catch this early. I hope that your pain eases and they can find out what is wrong with your c6-7. I am sorry for all the negative I just wanted you to know and explain some of my experiences with the C-6-7 problems. I wish you the best and hope to hear how your doing with this.
Idiopathic_Human is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote