View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 12:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default where's the wonder..........

There is more and more 'neuroscience' to explain the way everything lives and performs as living beings. My gut feeling on this is that it takes the joy out of existence to be able to break down our every response and docket it, it has something immensely bureaucratic about it! And yet I love the science, I love what I can learn from it, and that people are finding out so much. It's just when they want to label it all and turn it into something less than the whole that I despair. We have seen successive waves of this, well those of us who have lived long enough, and I cannot help thinking that reducing existence to it's component parts is somehow out of context, if there is anything that life teaches me it is that we are all incredibly interdependent, on each other, on circumstance, on change, on everything else, and no matter what you call it, from the position of science, faith, culture or just yourself, the bit that apprehends it all has got to approximate to a 'soul', and morality, conscience and ethics come out of that. Anything else is apartheid of the mind, and a concept that at it's heart is deeply flawed.

There is no problem observing, it is the interpretation that counts.

I too, like Laura, would ask where does all this lead..... we are only just coming out of one blind alley where current knowledge was deemed as all there was to know, it has absolutely damaged the world and it's beings, we really do not need another........

But there's hope yet, there are still the spirited, spiritful sceptics of the world to balance things off!!

Hats off to Laura and Paula..............
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (04-01-2010), paula_w (04-01-2010), RLSmi (04-01-2010)