View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I will be really frank. I think a lot of people have side effects from meds, and are diagnosed with SjS. So do a lot of people with PN, have a diagnosis of SjS....and neuropathy can cause dry eye and dry mouth. I am not convinced of my diagnosis, because I am not positive for SSA or SSB, altho I have every other criteria met.

There is such a thing as Sicca Syndrome, and a lot of people with that feel they have SjS....when what they do have is due to some other etiology.

When I have a + SSA or SSB, I will believe I have SjS....same as when I have a + SCL 70, then I will 'have' Scleroderma, despite the fully nucleolar ANA at this point. I do meet the criteria for Lupus as well, even tho the antismith is negative, the C4 is low. C4 can be low in lots of autoimmune disease, however.

Many, many other autoimmune conditions have Sicca as a symptom as well.

I had Sicca for many years prior to getting a highly + ANA. I am not sure when the onset of neuropathy was, but I would say 10 years prior to the diagnosis of it.

I know I have some autoimmune process going on, and I know I have neuropathy. I am not fully sure the two relate. I do not have the specific antibodies, and they seem to stick with that criteria for all other autoimmune diseases in general, but not SjS. Some people seem to have just sicca and others like myself are half dead, and we have the same disease?? Eh, hard to believe.

SjS is becoming a dumping ground diagnosis.

Sorry to be so frank, but I think they need to figure out what is Sjogren's and what is Sicca.

Others not so bad:

Last edited by cyclelops; 04-01-2010 at 02:37 PM.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote