Thread: SCS Newbie
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Back2life Brenda!

Hello Brenda, and thank you for coming along with your thread of excitement for all of us. I am a bit behind you in the chronology, still waiting to do the psych eval precedent to the Trial, but I am very interested in seeing whether the Trial will bring relief to me [well, and my family].

Would you be willing to share the brand of device you are pursuing as you also, hopefully, recount your tale. Learning how the reps work with you, what the post-surgery ups and downs might be would be of much value to newbies like me. Also, my surgeon has forewarned me of the need for great care in limiting movement during the Trial since the leads will not be secured except by that healthy application of tape Rrae has recommended. Did you find in your Trial movement limitations were a must? One of my thoughts going into this is that the Trial is not complete unless the patient can try SOME of their pre-injury activity so to know first hand whether going full bore into the implant is a real good fit for them. Even so, were I to be allowed some activity during Trial, I would think discretion is necessary not to move those leads!

I hope that surgery you are pumping for is scheduled soon and as you desire most especially since your trial seems to have gone well. May you truly return Back2Life!!

and hopes and prayers,
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (04-01-2010)