View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 03:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Cyclelops I agree

I agree that some people have the wrong diagnosis and I feel bad for them because it is due to the lack of knowledge by the many doctors who do not know what else to do with these patients. Many insurance plans including mine will NOT pay for long term medication without a diagnosis of some kind and since many if not all of the autoimmune diseases share many of the same medications for treatment..if there is a real treatment, then I figure go ahead give me a diagnosis and I will continue to research on my own to see if the diagnosis is correct. Right now I am in Limbo without a clear diagnosis..My doc says I have an undifferentiated connective tissue disease because I have all the symptoms but no bloodwork to back it up. I can't sit here without at least trying some kind of medication..immune suppressant..anti inflammatory...something. So in order for my insurance to pay for this medication I will need a diagnosis. I like others have been very sick for a long time..23 years going from doctor to doctor all telling me bloodwork is negative so I must be fine. Hard to believe that when death seems one step away. I have never taken any prescription medication up to this point for my illness besides b12 and vit d, but it is getting to the point where I need something to at least try to fight this whatever it is. Even though am negative on all autoimmune bloodwork that can be taken, I have severe body pain, and severe mucous membrane dryness, painful and swollen glands in face and neck, raynauds, and Neuropathy which could be symptoms of many autoimmune diseases. Could be Lupus, but I don't have bloodwork or facial butterfly rash...docs say can't have that one. Can't have MS cause I can visually tell the difference between blue and green......at this point I really don't care which one I have just as long as my insurance will pay for some kind of meds to see if it will help me get through another day. So I do understand your frustration with the improper diagnosis, but until more research is done to differentiate clearer lines between the autoimmune diseases, many of us are going to be hobbling around with the wrong diagnosis. My doc is trying very hard not to label me with one or the other, she is good, but until she does, I get no meds. Take care Mary
Sleeeepy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote