Thread: Can't Pee
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 06:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Abrown76,
Well, to let you know that not being able to pee is a bit normal for people like us with RSD. I saw Dr S a few months ago and told him I have the same problem off and on for about 6-8 months or so and he said the lady before me had the same problem. The RSD is probably in the bladder and that is why it is stopping the urination. However, you should go to the ER if you can't go for a few hours because of dehydration as already happened to you. In my first year of RSD my bladder stopped completely and I did not go for over 12 hours and had to call an ambulance cause I could not move from severe pain and no urination. It was real bad. When it happens now I try to relax and either read, turn the water on next to me and try to make it warm and keep my hand in it, or get up and try again later. I hate it too cause you really feel like you have to go especially in the morning but nothing comes out and you don't want to strain yourself and cause other problems. Well, try drinking cranberry juice, and I know beer does wonders for kidneys too. Best of luck.
kathy d
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote