View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 01:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for your response. I'm scheduled to see the neuropsyciatrist The second week of April, and I am hopeful. One of the more stressful issues I deal with is the wait until I see the doctor again, and unfortunately nothing really seems to help.

If in fact I do have TLE it is the daily mood, personality, and cognitive issues that really need to be addressed, since they make it difficult to work and maintain relationships. I have a BA in fine arts so I can legally substitute teach in Indiana.

If you don't mind I'd like to share with you my symptoms and perhaps you might say "ah" I've experienced that.

I have a headache as well as a strange "pushing / dizzy" feeling on the left side of my head and only the left side all the time.
My thoughts seem to be forced like there is a painful forceful fearful force making it very difficult to think clearly and feel my sense of self clearly.
My thoughts feel frozen and I cannot act on my intuition, and soon enough I feel mentally arrested.

I also have depression and anxiety, which make being motivated difficult although I usually want to sleep the whole day to escape the dizzy confused state. I feel as though neurologically the depression and the possible TLE physical symptoms are related and are part of the same thing.

My body feels as though I always need sleep and I'm always trying to find a place or time to sleep.

Those are the main symptoms. I've been on a lot of psychiatric medications but only a few anti-epileptic meds including Depakote and Lamictal.

I'll start taking B12 vitamins as well as flaxseed oil.

My auras are as many describe, I get an overwhelming feeling of deja vu and in my mind I see images of shapes and colors that seem to have a deep meaning and that they've always existed and I am seeing them again.
I am left-handed and majored in art in College, simply because it was the one major I could excel at while feeling terrible. I draw, sculpt and build all the time. I suspect a little Geschwind's personality.

I wonder though if TLE is the right diagnosis as I don't want to have many unnecessary tests if I don't need or steer my doctor by biasing my symptoms.

If in fact the neuropsychiatrist I'm seeing confirms the diagnosis of TLE I will consult an epileptologist.
I'm just very frightened at the moment at how intense my symptoms can be with how long I've experienced them.

Thank you very much for replying to my post and perhaps you could give me some information you feel is necessary.

Thanks,

Harry
Morganomics is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote