View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 11:05 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default OH! Junie - you did get the very shortest end of the stick!

OOPS! I really, really didn't mean that as a pun...more fact-of-life thing.
Well, EX-NURSE Junie, DID ya complain? I would have thought folks'd taken you more seriously than those of us who 'really have nothing wrong'...well, you get my drift. Hopefully you changed hospitals! Please say yes!

Before you cancel tho... I for one, don't recall having any IV's or other apparatus during NCS's...am I losing it here? IF you are soo anxious about it how about asking for a 'happy-type pre-med'? For other med issues I had multiple MRI's, Went in for one more - and since it was FACE DOWN ...well I went into full stage-2 panic mode. Next time...pre-med=NO problem. There are lots of meds that won't affect the NCS at all. Why not ask? [Be sure to tote a hair-dryer for pre-heating if the room is cold...docs just don't think of these practical matters...they would if it really cost them $$'s tho] Humm, I just remember the 'sticky conductor things' and the 'needle things' for the different tests, none was awful in themselves.

This is a real issue - talk to your doc before the test and take the measure to keep it all at bay and get the whole thing over with. Then, you can keep the whole thing from going sour when it really didn't need to. Hang in there! - j
PS I used to for 1/2 of my life go out 'COLD' after I'd had a needle [shots, blood draws...etc] Now I get IVIG MONTHLY...just can't watch the 'thing' going in...
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote