View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 10:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default symptoms of CSF leak

Hi

My consultant now thinks that I may have a CSF leak and wants it confirmed by an MRI with contrast. My symptoms are not typical of this ie it doesn't go with lying down and doesnt come on immediatly I stand up. and I can't say that I have noticed an outstanding amount of nose dripping although this does happen on rare occasions.

It has come on everyday for nearly four years now sometimes first thing when I get up, sometimes when I am still in bed and other times it wells up during the morning and is full blown after lunch.It is a dull, deep, boring, non throbbing pain that affects only the left hand side of my head and neck.

I've had every nerve block and drug you could possibly imagine..........all failed ................but the most significant factor is that I can have a strong shot of caffeine and the headache goes off. ( I drink de-caffeinated at all other times )

I sometimes get burning in the occipital area as well. If I don't have any caffeine it would eventually subside sometime in the evening. it can last 2 hours or 8 hours (it has a life of its own )

can anyone relate this to a csf leak ???
many thanks Sonia
sonia3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (04-02-2010)