View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 03:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElyseHart View Post
I was desperate for help so I searched the Internet and I found this site. I have struggled with CRPS type 2 for almost five years. I have learned over time how to manage my pain, swelling, depression, anxiety, dystrophy and all the other miserable problems I have developed as a result of this disease. However, I have been in a miserable flare for almost two weeks and I can't seem to get my sympathetic system to calm down. I took my two kids to visit my sister in CA two weeks ago and since I have been back home I have had miserable burning pain, muscle jerks, insomnia and panic attacks. I have not suffered with panic since my early years dealing with CRPS. I am shocked to have it rear its ugly head again. What is going on? What do I do? I take 100mg of Lyrica at night and 1 or 2 Flexerel daily. I also take Ativan as needed so I took a .5mg tablet every day of the vacation. I stopped this when I got back home, so I took it for 12 days. Could this be part of the problem? This medication combo has worked well for over three years but now I am a mess. I welcome any comments or suggestions.

Elyse
Hi Elysehart; and a big YES to flares on vacations and more so after vacations. I always go into a flare even after a small weekend getaway. I am at the point now where I tell my husband to go without me. I always anticipate and try to plan things prior to going, that is overwhelming, then I get there I am already worn out from the preplanning and have to rest for a day or two, my pain is always more aggresive due to climate changes, if we are visiting family, they always have things planned, that is overwhelming. And then of course, you mentally fight the pain, (which makes it worse) because you don't want anyone to notice. There is so much you have to put into a vacation, that alone is overwhelming to out bodies. But...with all that said...I truly do love my family time so I just adjust my medication (with doc) for about three weeks and usually my body adjusts back to normalcy. Hope you and your family had a wonderful trip and made unforgettable memories.

God Bless

Jeanie
Wilbyfree is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote