View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 06:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default It IS Hard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheds View Post
I do not take life for granted, because my tests could have come back a lot worse. I have gotten a whole new perspective. But, I am also finding it hard to stay positive when all the things I love to do both for myself and my family are still hard to do.
I'm glad things aren't worse for you, sometimes we long for a diagnosis that is more concrete and can be "fixed". I feel for you and sympathize with you. All this enforced "down time" has really pushed me into some new perspectives as well. It is really hard to stay positive when things are so hard and you can't be what you want to be for yourself and especially for your family. I figuratively close my eyes to the state of my house (pre-injury it was pretty clean and tidy), and let go of lots of what I used to do (for now, at least). It is discouraging, but fight it! I don't mean the PCS, I know you just have to allow time for healing and can't push through it, I mean fight the discouragement. Try to focus on what is still good, what you can do, people who care about you, the times when you don't have headaches, beautiful springtime. Be nice to yourself and don't get down on yourself because of what you can't do right now, your value as a person is not dependent on what you can accomplish, it is inherent. Whatever works for you...just keep your nose up and keep swimming, you'll make it! Hang in there.
BeccaP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (04-26-2010)