View Single Post
Old 01-27-2007, 02:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo55 View Post
My tower has the on/off button, the reset button and at the back is also a switch - you might check for that.
or a switch might be stuck half way?

after a software crash or conflict mine will blue screen and pop up a message- but it keeps running until I do the restart

sometimes mine goes to the BIOS {internal system/motherboard program/settings} and then will do a reset/restart

but since yours totally shut off - it makes me think of a possible hardware problem - hardrive, memory, CPU, fan/power box??
- but usually some sort of message will come up -
unless the Power box has a problem- any odd noises- power box malfunction no power to run computer?
AFIAK, It woun't go to the blue start screen, it goes through the process but once it gets to the point just before the welcome screen comes up, it shuts down.
(Sidenote. My reset button on the tower will not react to tring to use it. Incase that means anything, this got me to thinking that maybe the soft celll is dead that the reset button operates from wich got me thinking that there are two "soft cells" operating the power button and reset button. (We replaced the soft cell for the power button probably a little over a year ago... at the most.

Quote:
Do you have win XP? or what operating system do you have
Office (XP?) 2002.(?) I really don't remember now. It hasn't been here to be used in over a month.
sjp_fanatic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote