View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 07:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I too have a similar problem i feel off a ladder and extruded t7 t8 always in pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clp2442 View Post
Hello all. I'm a 32 year old mother of two (10 months and 3.5 years). On the first of the year I fell on a wet tile floor, my feet went out from under me and I landed smack on my tailbone. I developed pain in my mid-back and had a MRI which revealed the herniations. I've been through physical therapy with no improvment and am slated for epidural steroid injections.

Has anyone dealt with herniations here? I hear they are quite rare and cannot find much information about them on the internet. Does the spinal cord impingement pose an issue? I have read it isn't good and an emergency surgery could be necessary at any time. I have pins/needles/numbness in my left arm. My worst pain is in the form of muscle spasms across my back in the T4 - T6 range, and pain that wraps around my chest.

Any insight or advice would be great.

Thanks.
I can relate, i have been told not to have surgery, but they really leave you hanging in pain and confusion. My t7 t8 disc is extruded and flattened the cord. I have been to so many doctors trying to get answers. The surgery is horrible, dangerous and can cause much worse problems after. I have taken vicodin, muscle relaxors, ambian, antidepressants, naids, PT, and nothing really works. My mri's remain unchanged, no shrinking of the extrusion. How are u doing? I'm going to the mayo clinic in minnasota, as I don't know where else to turn.
thoracic disc extru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote