Thread: So on edge...
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 08:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
yes, time is a double-edged sword isn't it... sometimes we seem not to have enough, other times, we wish it would just hurry up and pass.

i have had long depressions and those are the worst. it starts feeling like this is it, this is all there is, and it's never going to end. we forget how anything else feels.

but, it is always episodic. and even if the episode lasts a long time, i have learned to remind myself that it WILL pass. because that's just the way it works!

so you hang in there, things WILL get better. old advice from these forums: take it a day at a time, and if that's too much, an hour at a time, and if that's too much, 15, 5, 1 minute(s) at a time. it feels less overwhelming if you don't place the infinite before yourself, but break it into finite chunks - as small as you need to get through each.

i am glad your pain doc was able to help you - thank goodness, things are hard enough with "just" emotional pain. (little just, BIG pain! )

~ waves ~

Yes, again, I found that time is my friend and enemy (double-edged sword). Thanks to a watchful husband, who kept me "distracted" I made it back from the precipice! Distraction does not come, "automatically," to me in those very low places.

Thank, for reminding me that it is an "episode" not a continuous state. You describe it well. I can actually feel you've "been there!" Sorry you have to suffer so...but we know that we're not alone. And that's an understatement!

With the physical pain subsided, things are not so grim any more! Also, that I am back home again where there aren't so many triggers.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-02-2010), Brokenfriend (04-03-2010), waves (04-03-2010)