View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 09:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post
Check out this site : http://www.florida-oxygen.com/treatment.htm#5

That doc and hyperbaric site is in Florida. The hyperbaric oxygenation is 'supposed' to help the nerves regenerate so they will stop misfiring. Last I heard, it still wasn't FDA approved for RSD, so insurance companies won't cover it......maybe that's why you haven't been offered it. Like the ketamine coma.....sounds promising but not available to all of us yet.

Maybe with these fello RSD'ers trying it the regs have changed and it has been approved and I just haven't heard it yet
Hi Finz Thanks for the info. I will check out the website. I did not know that it was not approved by the FDA for RSD. There just seem to be quite a few people that are using it for there choice of treatment for pain management. I wonder if the treatment that is supposed to help your nerves regenerate so they will stop misfiring will keep you comfortable for a long period of time. I had 3 sympathectomies where they removed the sympathetic chains in 3 of my limbs, and over time the nerves came back just as bad as when they were removed, That was a very invasive procedure, the HBOT is not. I will still check with my Dr. this week. Thanks again Wendy
wswells is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote