View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 10:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hmmm, maybe I really lucked out with this (new) dentist, Bryanna ; when I asked him about the fillings, he seemed receptive. He also encouraged me to look up (pre-medicating re: antibiotics for some patients) online - since newer guidelines have come out since the latest version (since outdate) I'd seen.

At my last appointment, I had told him I want the tooth-crackable fillings gone, but because my mouth is already slated for some "work," we stayed on-topic for the dates most pressing on the calendar. I believe he will give me an opportunity to ask more as the time may approach (for the removal). And, as we - you and I know - if what I hear from him doesn't mesh with the info. you located, I'll hold off until it can be done properly.

Most "normally," I've not been sedated; the last time was for 2 wisdom teeth. It was my first "major" dental work and I didn't like waking up in a different room tfrom where I went to "sleep." It doesn't frighten me any more, since having had spinal procedures with conscious sedation.

Since the thought of having the probe done (for gum measurements) was creating some anxiety, and because I've bilateral TMJ, etc., I decided on sedation - to make it easier on the dentist and the others working in my mouth. It will probably be a lot less stressful - for everyone .

At the same, they're casting my mouth.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote