View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 11:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

What Neuro meds have you tried, not psych meds but seizure meds? Depression and other misdiagnosed psych symptoms can go along with TLE, but if the seizures are congrolled/stopped, those pther syptoms can resolve hopefully. I would really encourage you to ask/tell your Primary Care Provider ( Not the neuros) to refer you to an Epilpetologist at a Comprehensve Epilepsy Center They are usually found at major medical centers. what area are yo in? That epleptologist can gfive you a Second opinion and maybe finally diagnose you properly as well as give you a treatment plan for your case. We all go through this waste of time with neuros who do not have all the tools needed to treat and diagnose is. They treat all neuro disorders, but we need someone with expertise in this illness. The Epileptologist is that doc. He/ She will have a certificate on the wall saying she/he has completed a Fellowship in Epilepsy or Neurophysiology. Thas is on top of their neuro Residency. Getting to this doc can make a difference in your life. I called those dizzy feelings "funny feelings". I also had deja vu too which are Simple Partial seizures. Do you ever feel lke you know the things in your home are yours, but it feels lke you are in some else's house? Have you ever lost consciousness even though you still were moving around etc? Ever lost bladder control? Mine progressed to Complex Partials where consciousness is lost even though still seemig to be outwardly awake etc. Many here have as well.
It is not at all a pleasant place where you are, and many of us have been there. I have. I know the frustration and despair you feel! Please tell your PCP to refer you to a Comprehensive Epilepsy Center. He will get a report of each visit because of the referral. Do not get the neuro to do this. He will NOT want to as he will lose a patient. It is your life however and is not about the doc. I had surgery 11.5 years ago for my Mesial Temporal Sclerosis or TLE. Hope this helps. I also added peanuts to my daily diet due to the natural progesterone that is associated with raising the seizure threshold. I also take low dose of Keppra with Tranzene as needed to decrease anxiety and add some antiseizure effects.Tattoo

Last edited by Tattoo2; 04-03-2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: To add info
Tattoo2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Morganomics (04-03-2010)