View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 01:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default this is exciting!

Hi All,
I havenot read all the posts, just Harley's suggestion of we should put up a meeting. Love that idea! very exciting. I wanted to say it doesnt have to be too fancy or too expensive.
When I was in grad school, I was a member of not for profit organizations dealing with graduate students and organized low budget scientific meetings. University facilities were free to use, we accommodated out of town attendees in our apartments or got dorm rooms at a very low price, food was donated by a local supermarket. I think you dont have to be a student, if one works for a public university, you can book a class room free of charge for educational purposes, audio visuals too.

Those who cannot attend, may be join by web, sort of Webminar.
Oh another thought, NIH gives money to organize meetings, something worth looking into!

Yes, We can dream and make it a reality! it can be done! we may not have resorts to stay, but I can offer San Diego as a venue!! This thread is going into the poster!!!!!

Hi all,
just checked the NIH website, they do have this category of grants. chek it out.

H13 Community Services Program Conferences Active To support international, national, or regional conferences, symposiums, or workshops dealing with services for the rehabilitation, prevention, and treatment of categorical diseases.
Girija

Last edited by girija; 04-03-2010 at 01:50 PM.
girija is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rose of his heart (04-04-2010)